Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager. In this role the successful incumbent will plan, organize, manage, and control the accounting and control function of the division, reports operational results, and provide chronological systems. The end result to work towards will be providing accurate profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of operations
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards.
- Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management, including the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Forecast short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Assure protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing, and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
- Monitor credit and collection applications. Approve terms above a predetermined dollar amount.
- Assist Programs in establishing and maintaining product pricing policies.
- Provide other company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Keep the Division Manager informed of the division’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Execute cash disbursements for payment of corporate and divisional expenditures in accordance with disbursement and policies.
- Monitor inventory levels and advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Develop, with Management team, and recommend budget. Authorize expenditures in accordance with budget.
- Develop, with Management team short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, and staffing requirements.
- Assure that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to incumbents.
- Assure that management training and development needs are identified and programs initiated.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling.
- Review direct reports and approves performance appraisals initiated by direct reports.
- Consult with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Make recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policy or practices.
- Ensure optimum performance of the function. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Keep abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Assume other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Finance
- A minimum of 2 years’ recent experience as a Finance Manager with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and collections, and finance. Preferably annual sales of $25 million to $40 million
- Possess affiliations with successful manufacturing companies.
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated ability to manage microcomputer operations and applications
- Sound administrative skills.
- Well-developed management skills-principles and people.
- Superior numeric skills.
- Satisfactory communication skills, written and verbal.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Results- and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Excellent organization skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)