Finance Director – Corporate/Government
Our client is a Native American tribe with locations throughout Arizona looking for a responsible and accountable Finance Director to direct the Division. This will be a contract or permanent role. The candidate will be responsible for making recommendations to the Council, developing and implementing initiatives and setting the tone, climate and vision for the department.
- Supervise and direct the following staff and departments: Finance & Accounting, Grants & Contracts, Procurement, Fleet Services, Warehouse, Mail Services, and Community Infrastructure Project Management
- Provide leadership for the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic program objectives, policies, and procedures; interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Meet with community directors and departments to examine community needs regarding the development of long-term programs, goals, and objectives, and the evaluation of department operations.
- Provide administrative oversight, personnel oversight, budget development and financial oversight for the Division.
- Identify current/future financial and operational needs of the tribe by conducting a thorough needs assessment.
- Administer the operating budget for the Finance & Operations Division; develop cost estimates of administrative initiatives in order to forecast future budgetary requirements.
- Prepare and monitor the Tribe's annual operating, capital improvement budget, and long-range financial and debt management programs.
- Enforce the Tribe ordinances and resolutions concerning fiscal, budgetary and personnel matters.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Leadership and director-level experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration, plus ten (10) years of professional experience in Government Finance and/or Accounting with at least five (5) of the years with progressive management experience.
- MBA is preferred.