Position: Finance Analyst (Level 1)
Duration: 3 months with potential extension
Location: Remote for now and later Downtown Toronto
- Working with the Management Team in meeting deliverables of the team by providing exceptional service to clients, and technical assistance as needed.
- Lead, support and develop CBTS accrual process to leverage information from Clarity time reporting system and information from our partners including all necessary reconciliations to ensure data completeness and accuracy.
- Lead, support and develop in-depth analysis for CB LOB Spend by types of initiatives (Project, Support) vs Forecast, Plan and prior periods at elemental levels of the P&L.
- Understanding the P&L and provide monthly commentaries on variances and investigate any missing or over allocation of expenses.
- Lead deep dives related to Technology expenses as they contribute to various management and leadership reporting on regular basis.
- Lead reporting on Resource utilization including hour billed to various businesses and the resource counts on a monthly basis vs plan/forecast and prior periods and explain the reason for any variances.
- Identify and provide impact analysis of financial/accounting, policy and process changes including documentation, follow up, escalation and resolution.
- Process Mapping and documentation of technology processes, system data flow and resource utilization by working closely with technology and finance partners.
- Lead and document the allocation of project, application and support the base charges of CB technology & the Practices and identify opportunities to streamline and optimize the allocation model.
- Manage and develop the reporting of technology charges (supply view) in correlation with the demand per types of initiatives (Projects/Base).
- Help team improve existing process on CIO reporting.
- Manage and develop Projects/Base reporting fully integrated to the CIO view.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the Technology business environment, business drivers, growth opportunities and competitive environment.
- Develop and enhance internal relationships across multiple business units.
- Contribute to a positive and rewarding team environment.
- Support the Management Team in responding to and following up on issues, queries and exceptions.
- Charge-out rate analysis to review and present cause of over/under recovery Prepare monthly financial packages to be reviewed with portfolio leads.
- Meet with the Leadership Team and review monthly results, follow-up and close issue in a timely manner.
The successful candidate in this role will have demonstrated strong commitment, initiative and drive to continuously exceed expectations, strong technical skills, strong inter-personal skills, effective at problem solving with minimal support and strong organization skills.
- University/College education with a focus on Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Business.
- Business and/or accounting designation strongly preferred or working towards designation (MBA/CFA/CMA/CGA/CA).
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in finance and business cases.
- Detailed knowledge of financial accounting processes and internal control structures.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to effectively synthesize issues Advanced analytical skills and strong ability to inter-relate issues.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines to meet all deliverables.
- Ability to proactively follow up on identified issues and work toward resolution.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills are essential to deal with all levels of management and external contacts.
- Strong inter-personal skills including consistent team player and strong relationship-building skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and in a team environment as required.
- Proven track record of value added customer service through initiative and creativity.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel (Power Pivot), MS Word, MS Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion, Essbase and Oracle would be an asset.
- Participate fully as a member of the CBTS Finance team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment; including cross training with other team members where appropriate.