Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Final Penetrate Inspector I. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of castings for minor surface cracks and indications of surface imperfects or defects. The Final Penetrate Inspector I will also accurately record information in customer required log books.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Spray, brush, or dip part in liquid penetrant.
- Allow penetrant to dwell on parts for specified period of time.
- Perform penetrant final rinse with water spray.
- Load parts on conveyor that carries them through the pre-developer dryer for specified time period.
- Place parts in development tank for allotted time.
- Perform pneumatic/hydraulic casting pressure testing operation per customer requirements.
- Perform post penetrant cleaning of parts before forwarding on to next process/department.
- Accurately record required information in customer required log books
- Conduct proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Responsible for proper storage of hazardous wastes within the Penetrant department and collection from other departments, including transportation to the hazardous waste storage
- Specific vision abilities required, including: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Annual eye exam required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of times
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment where there is exposure to wet/humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.