Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Final Penetrate Inspector I. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of castings for minor surface cracks and indications of surface imperfects or defects. The Final Penetrate Inspector I will also accurately record information in customer required log books.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Spray, brush, or dip part in liquid penetrant.
- Allow penetrant to dwell on parts for specified period of time.
- Perform penetrant final rinse with water spray.
- Load parts on conveyor that carries them through the pre-developer dryer for specified time period.
- Place parts in development tank for allotted time.
- Perform pneumatic/hydraulic casting pressure testing operation per customer requirements.
- Perform post penetrant cleaning of parts before forwarding on to next process/department.
- Accurately record required information in customer required log books
- Conduct proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Responsible for proper storage of hazardous wastes within the Penetrant department and collection from other departments, including transportation to the hazardous waste storage
- Specific vision abilities required, including: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Annual eye exam required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of times
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment where there is exposure to wet/humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!