Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Final Inspector. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of castings for minor surface cracks and indications of surface imperfects or defects. The Final Inspector will also accurately record information in customer required log books.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Spray, brush, or dip part in liquid penetrant.
- Allow penetrant to dwell on parts for specified period of time.
- Perform penetrant final rinse with water spray.
- Load parts on conveyor that carries them through the pre-developer dryer for specified time period.
- Place parts in development tank for allotted time.
- Perform pneumatic/hydraulic casting pressure testing operation per customer requirements.
- Perform post penetrant cleaning of parts before forwarding on to next process/department.
- Accurately record required information in customer required log books
- Conduct proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Responsible for proper storage of hazardous wastes within the Penetrant department and collection from other departments, including transportation to the hazardous waste storage
- Specific vision abilities required, including: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Annual eye exam required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of times
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment where there is exposure to wet/humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.