Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Final Inspector. The successful incumbent will be responsible for making sure a product meets the customers’ expectations in a variety of ways, supports the company managers and engineers in day-to-day factory floor activities and issues with customers and suppliers. The Final Inspector will measure and monitor key quality characteristics of the process before product goes out to the customer. They will also verify gauge checks for external customer and internal gauges.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Perform incoming gauge check of customers gauges daily if required, maintain Calibration for external gauges
- Follow all applicable company and/or customer supplied procedures and policies
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Ensure all route cards are accurate and complete from release to final inspection
- Ensure all customer specific recording and reporting is complete and accurate
- Thoroughly inspect parts before releasing to packaging
- Conduct Daily Job Card Audits
- Delegate any reworks needed at final inspection
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Track Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Read and interpret customer drawings and instructions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiar with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
- minimum of 3 years of working in a Quality Department, preferably with quality control training and responsibility
- Aerospace Quality experience a plus
- Surface Finishing experience a strong plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions and customer drawings and specifications.
- Ability to write legible notes and correspondence in English.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with coworkers and superiors in English
- Spanish would be a plus.
- Solid mathematical skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to use standard dimensional measuring tools as well as specific paint thickness measuring tools.
- Must be able to pass required eye exam.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.