Reporting to the Inspection supervisor, the Final Inspector is responsible for performing the functions of inspection of parts in accordance with Magellan Aerospace Glendale operating procedures, and part number defined inspection criteria.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages.
• Perform a variety of casting inspections and part documentation following standard accepted practices and process requirements to ensure compliance with Quality specifications.
• Moderate physical effort handling parts, using inspection instruments, maintaining records and performing other duties involving constant alertness.
• Must review each part for compliance to processing and quality requirements including NDT results in all related processing factions.
• Compile and furnish all related paperwork.
• Work with Quality Specialists on specific quality problems.
• Detect and report defective parts and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
• Maintain work area equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve Magellan quality and delivery performance.
• Perform a variety of other duties and tasks of equal or less complexity, as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager.
• Minimum 3 years of inspection in metal-casting industry or similar experience is required.
• 5 years of experience in Aerospace Manufacturing environment preferred.
• High School Diploma (or GED) strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of inspection methods and techniques, manufacturing methods and requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.
Magellan offers a generous benefits package with eligibility after the first month of employment.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.