Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Final Inspector - Treatments
- 42 hours average per week, working 12hour days and nights.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To provide in process, final and first article inspection to ensure that aircraft parts conform to customer specifications. To ensure that parts are released to agreed sales targets.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To carry out final inspection of detailed parts and assembles in a timely and efficient manner according to customer specification.
- Verify parts are correct to drawing requirements to include the correct orientation (hand).
- Check that part mark details are correct as per job card and drawing.
- Verify that all previous operations have been completed and signed off and stamped.
- Raising non-conformance reports (e.g. NCR‟s). Where product faults are detected
- To release all internal job cards as per the company standards and customer specification using SAP.
- To complete and signoff the job history card to allow for full traceability where required.
- To attend 6S area meetings and to ensure own work area complies with the company 6S programme and SQCDP meetings.
- City & Guilds Inspection NVQ 2 and 3 or recognised apprenticeship in inspection or machining.
- Previous similar experience
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- Reporting skills
- Working on own initiative
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!