Title: Final Assembly Technician
City: Santa Clara
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-9995605325
Tekberry, a national contract staffing company, is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Final Assembly Technician to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Clara, CA.
This is a two year, at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Manufacture complex optical assemblies in a cleanroom environment.
- Utilize techniques of optical alignment, attachment, metrology, and testing on individual optical components, sub-assemblies, and complete optical assemblies.
- Alignment of laser systems using concepts of auto-reflection and interferometry.
- Perform epoxy based assembly processes to create opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Use of computer-automated test systems.
- Use of hand tools and mechanical fixturing for mechanical assembly.
- Support design engineering in early stages of prototyping through transfer to manufacturing.
- Perform cleaning of optical components and assemblies using approved solvents.
- 5+ years of experience in a mechanical assembly role for opto-electronic products.
- Experience working in a class 100/1000 cleanroom – understanding of cleanroom protocol.
- Familiar with mechanical and/or optical measuring equipment (oscilloscopes, autocollimators, and other related test equipment).
- Skilled hand-eye coordination is imperative for proper handling and movement of parts.
- Experience with micro-assembly is desired.
- Proficient computer skills are required, including MS Office applications.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.