endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is working with a Global Solar industry leader to find a Field Technician Manager. The Field Technician Manager will be directly responsible for a variety of field service functions including, but not limited to, commissioning, testing, inspecting, trouble-shooting, repairing, and modifying solar photovoltaic systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for the supervision of contractors to ensure safe, high quality and timely performance of maintenance activities in the field. This position will act as the primary responder to customer service calls or automated service calls generated by remote alarm notification systems, and will be on-call 24/7. Position requires familiarity with both AC and DC systems, including inverters, switchgear, transformers, batteries, power meters, computer monitoring systems, associated sensors, PV modules, and PV arrays. Directly responsible for a variety of field start-up and commissioning functions on all components of the PV system including but not limited to execution of pre-commissioning protocols, commissioning protocols, acceptance tests, and customer training. The individual must keep current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others. This position will oversee multiple facilities throughout region.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related position
- Ability to travel to other regional fields
- 2 years supervisory experience
- NABCEP certification a plus
- Ability to supervise contractors in the field and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to work comfortably in potentially remote field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work in difficult customer situations
- Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements
- Strong electrical background
- Proven computer skills in a Windows environment (Excel; Word)
- Ability to use Maximo
- Computer skills involving electronic control systems preferred
- Familiarity with testing and diagnostic equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.