Worksite - remote
**Must be available for statewide travel
Field Support – Hardware Deployment
Core Responsibilities: provide first level hardware and software support; installation
Responsible for system support to include first level software support, as well as hardware support. This person, and position, should be at a level that permits and requires the individual to take control and make necessary decisions to resolve routine situations with minimal impact to the Customer. In situations where critical system downtime may occur, with software or next level support not available at that point, the incumbent will be expected to act on self-initiative to make necessary corrective action, if possible, or take appropriate action up the chain management.
The Field Support (FS) provides installation and post installation support of company (products) at customer locations across Texas. The FS level position is responsible for total system hardware and software support. As such, he/she will not only provide hands on technical assistance but also remote support to all users of the bio-metric systems in Texas. He / She is capable of diagnosing and correcting difficult and intermittent hardware and software malfunctions arising from design deficiencies, data errors, component failures, and environmental issues. This requires a high degree of diagnostic ability and complete understanding of contemporary operating systems and bio-metric applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct with first class customer service and excellent business manner
- Ability to troubleshoot (locally and remotely), Windows and Linux based Servers, workstations and have partial hands on experience with the user applications.
- Knowledge of Linux OS and first level Oracle Database.
- Ability to analyze logs to make a determination as to cause of problems and to suggest effective problem solutions.
- Troubleshoot and install patches for a variety of Bio-metric applications.
- Keep customers updated with providing timely and accurate services and information
- Hands-on first level hardware and software support
- Must have computer/IT related experience or recent computer related education
- Experience with installation of patches of a variety of applications preferred but will train
- Ability to troubleshoot(locally and remotely), Windows based Servers and Linux based servers.
- Oracle and/or other database knowledge is essential
- Must be flexible to travel across Texas if necessary
- Must exhibit enthusiasm, be self-motivated and professional
- Requires excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Comfortable/confident engaging with clients
- Must be trainable and adaptable