The Project Manager will be responsible for on-site project leadership. With the potential for several projects running simultaneously, the project manager will need to be agile enough to lead different teams on different sites, with potentially multiple technology focuses. Our Project Managers are expected to meet customer expectations while having CEC’s best interests in mind; completing work on schedule, within budget, and with highest quality and system performance.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- On-site project management of Audiovisual, Fire, Security, Healthcare, and other CEC technologies.
- Directs day-to-day job site activities:
- Assists the team with on-site work plan development.
- Assure all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and that all job site postings and safety requirements are met.
- Conducts on-site project kick-off meetings.
- Reviews all labor hours, labor overtime, and expenses that are incurred daily on assigned projects.
- Acts as liaison for both internal and external communications:
- Attends all required project meetings while disseminating notes and directives to the team.
- Provides leadership to maintain harmonious working relationships with on-site staff/contractors while promoting positive project morale.
- Creates daily project reports of work done, and of labor and materials employed.
- Maintain high level of communication to all stake holders associated with assigned projects.
- Work closely with CEC Project Coordinators to:
- Develop and refine the Project Schedule, ensuring that the schedules are regularly updated to prevent last minute planning.
- Confirm that the job meets the various required dates and objectives.
- Support the creation and maintenance of project management processes, procedures, tools, and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Project Manager directs installation and technical teams while they’re working on assigned projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of SOW, contracts, drawings, specifications and addenda.
- Two-year degree from an accredited school, or two years of relevant experience in project management or leadership.
- One year of direct supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Experience working in a corporation involved in multiple work functions or industries.
- Experience with managerial roles within the communications industry.
- Experience with CEC product partner equipment and systems, including, but not limited to: AMX, Biamp, Bose, Crestron, Extron, Harman, JBL, Polycom, Rauland, etc.
- Current certification in project management: PMP, CAPM, MPM, IAPM.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Good presentation skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.