Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician is responsible for understanding customer technical needs to achieve their packaging line goals. Responsibilities for this position include visiting client installations at their place of business to complete equipment startup, address machine service issues, and provide training.
Travel required 70% annually and of the work week. May travel on weekends to arrive at the scheduled destination on time. Travel across North America to customer facilities.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Technical Diploma preferred, Bachelor's Degree a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- General computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical wiring
- Mechanical proficiencies
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Willing to travel short-term
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides packaging equipment service and training to existing and prospective customers.
- Manages customer service related issues, product service alerts, troubleshooting, and warranty issues that may arise.
- Utilizes ERP to assist with Service Reports, call logs, and customer experience reporting.
- Communicates and works cross-functionally with internal teams as needed.
- Maintains technical and operational documentation.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve the efficiency of the Technical Services team.
- Provides service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Manages all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks.
- Produces timely and detailed service reports.
- Follows all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperates with Technical Team and shares information across the organization.
- Builds positive relationships with customers.
- Comprehends customer requirements and makes appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and updating records.
- Seeks out knowledge to become expert in industry, packaging machines, and technical skillsets.
Please select how you would like to apply for the position and follow the prompts