Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician works as a team member of the Service Department. Our Field Service Technicians go directly to our customers for installation, repair, warranty work, and other special projects. As a self-starter, technicians must be able to communicate clearly and precisely in written and verbal communication. Must be able to fill out daily service reports appropriately to include make, model, serial number, all parts used in repair, and a complete description of diagnosis and repair work done, an essential part of a specific area of failure for each job or segment, and any comments regarding future maintenance that may be necessary. Requires extensive travel and must be able to complete and submit expense reports weekly. On start-up of new equipment, the technician must be able to set up and test for proper operation of the appropriate systems using essential test equipment and procedures and then train customer maintenance staff. The technician must be able to perform most component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning following correct drawings and technical manual designs. The technician must be able to properly and safely operate all machines marketed and serviced by the company. The Field Service Technician reports to the Service Manager.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Required to travel and work throughout North America regularly.
- Required to travel out of the country when deemed necessary.
- Develop skills in disassembly, assembly, and repair of blast wheels, components, and machines.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs in the field as required.
- Report on any proposed equipment changes to Product Service Support and Engineering.
- Demonstrate skills to other technicians and customer maintenance personnel as required.
- Develop diagnostic skills on all machine systems.
- Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Product Services department.
- Report any additional work required on machines to the Product Services and Customer for proper and safe operation.
- Participate in in-service training programs required to develop skills and knowledge.
- Prepare all required reports to include make, model, serial number, a complete description of the diagnosis, repair work done, and comments regarding future repairs that may be necessary.
- Technicians will also be responsible for reports and forms required with work assignments (expense reports).
- Maintain a clean work area at the customer site and perform and complete work neat and orderly.
- Maintain and care for contractors' or customers’ tools and equipment.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work on all job sites; each site may differ.
- Conduct yourself in the presence of customers to present a professional company image.
- 5 years of experience or equivalent.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to acquire a passport.
- Have a basic understanding of OSHA regulations and workplace safety.
- Able to travel with overnight stays.
- Communication skills necessary to work with management, customers, and co-workers.
- Possess the technical knowledge to diagnose and repair customer and company-specific equipment.
- Possess the ability and skills to conduct training courses with customers.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma.
- 5 years’ experience with problem-solving engineering solutions,
- To perform this job successfully, competent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Customer Relation Management (CRM) software, Outlook, and PLC’s necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- AWS-certified / welding is a plus.
Click here to apply online