Our client, a national metal products manufacturer, is seeking a Field Service Technician located in either Indiana, Illinois, or Wisconsin to join their team. This is a remote position and requires around 80% travel
Field Service Technicians go directly to our customers for installation, repair, warranty work, and other special projects. Requires extensive travel, able to fill out, and submit expense reports weekly. On startup of new equipment, the technician must be able to set up and test for proper operation of the appropriate systems using basic test equipment and procedures and then train customer maintenance staff. The technician must be able to perform most component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning following correct drawings and technical manual procedures. The technician must be able to properly and safely operate all machines marketed and serviced by Pangborn.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Required to travel and work throughout the MIdwest on a regular basis.
- Develop skills in disassembly, assembly, and repair of components, and machines.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs in the field as required.
- Report any proposed equipment changes to Product Service Support and Engineering.
- Demonstrate skills to other technicians and customer maintenance personnel as required.
- Develop diagnostic skills on all machine systems.
- Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Product Services department.
- Report any additional work required on machines to the Product Services and Customer for proper and safe operation.
- Participate in in-service training programs required to develop skills and knowledge.
- Prepare all required reports to include: make, model, serial number, a complete description of the diagnosis, pair work done, and comments regarding future repairs that may be necessary.
- Technicians will also be responsible for reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments (expense reports).
1) 5 years of experience or equivalent.
2) Must have basic computer skills.
3) Ability to read blue prints and drawings.
4) Valid drivers license.
5) Able to acquire a passport.
6) Have a basic understanding of OSHA regulations and workplace safety.
7) Able to travel with overnight stays.
8) Communication skills necessary to work with management, customers, and co-workers.
9) Possess the technical knowledge to diagnose and repair customer and company-specific equipment.
10) Possess the ability and skills to conduct training courses with customers.
Education and/or Experience
-5 years experience with problem-solving engineering solutions.
Click here to apply online
To perform this job successfully, competent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Customer Relation Management (CRM) software, Outlook, and PLCs is necessary.