Field Service Technician
(San Antonio, TX)-Selma, TX
The Field Service Technician is responsible for high-quality and effective repair of equipment in the field. The successful incumbent must work independently of direct supervision. Provides excellent customer service, maintains professionalism, and ensures appropriate and detailed records for time, parts, supplies, purchases, and repairs.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment and components
- Performs diagnostic inspections as directed
- Maintains complete and detailed working records for time, parts, supplies, and outside purchases for repairs
- Maintains and cares for shop tools, all Company equipment, and Company vehicles
- Interacts with customers and co-workers daily
- Accountable for following all DOT, OSHA, ISO9001, and established Company rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Measure of success determined by established Company guidelines, including but not limited to repairs completed, time required to complete repairs, feedback from customers, ability to take guidance and direction from Manager professionally, and execute upon such feedback
- Ability to hookup to machines and diagnose with laptop
- Ability to perform fabrication and welding processes
- Must possess a CDL or the ability to obtain one
- Represents the Company at factory, industry, and company events, including meetings and training
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
- High School diploma, GED, or vocational training/certification
- 1 - 3 years experience in the same or similar industry
- Owns and maintains personal tool inventory
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, and an excellent working knowledge of equipment operations and automatic functions. Strong current electronic diagnosing capabilities, work with minimal supervision, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt to the people and environment around them - customers, suppliers, co-workers, and manufacturer's employees.
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, diagnosing, and calibration a plus
- Communicates professionally, respectfully, and honestly at all times, and communication is to be clear, and language is to be profanity free, while employee demeanor is to be calm and composed.
- Must lift at least 50 lbs., stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet and humid conditions, intense cold, and extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and noise levels in the working environment can be moderate to high.
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing, and clean driving record required. CDL may be required
- Personal appearance must be neat and clean
- Travel as required
- This position requires a valid driver's license and the ability to meet requirements of the Company Driver Policy; the Company will review motor vehicle records annually for all employees for whom driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function or when employees must obtain and drive rental cars during the course of conducting company business.
Salary Range: $30-37hr.
Click here to apply online