In this role you will support the installation of Refurbishment and products and other activities related to our
Aftermarket products (including disassembly, assembly and test/validation). In addition, you will support
refurbishment of our installed products (including disassembly, installation of new components and
adjustment/leveling and set up to factory specs).
Note: This position requires frequent travel throughout North and South America and includes weekend work (when
• Responsible for the installation and start-up of after market service products such as machine
refurbishments & Encore™.
• Resealing of hydraulic seals on clamp and injection units
• Installation of pumps and motors
• Ability to level a machine and a robot, to adjust nozzle concentricity, platen parallelism, and tie-bar stretch
• Troubleshoot and make corrections as required to all control systems; hydraulic system, mechanical system,
pneumatic system, electrical and electronic system and the programmable controls.
• Develop the ability to calibrate/fine tune machine to achieve optimum performance.
• Develop an organized approach to solving machine problems by use of all available reference materials
including manuals, drawings, procedures, etc.
• Repair and/or replace any component on machine, robot, product handling equipment.
• Develop and maintain superior customer relations, co-ordinate and be a liaison with internal resources to
ensure effective customer service, *as well as provide telephone support to customer maintenance staff.
• Provide regular and effective written reports.
• Communicate with Call Center/CSM PEs and Engineering/Jeffersonville Parts Center to resolve problems
encountered in the field.
• Dress appropriately and be professional. Be on time for appointments and turn in documentation as
• Instruct service technicians and/or customer operators on the maintenance and safe operation of injection
• Provide guidance and/or on-the-job training to junior Service Technicians
Preferred Qualifications for this Position Include:
• Mechanically and electrically inclined with a general knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical
assembly, ability to use fine calibrated measuring instruments
• Electrical/Mechanical Technologist or demonstrated competency through work experience
• Knowledge and application of injection molding technology
• Knowledge of blueprints and schematics to troubleshoot electrical/electronic, hydraulic and mechanical
• Ability to troubleshoot problems systematically
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong customer service orientation
• Tact and diplomacy (i.e. must possess the ability to handle difficult/unhappy customers)
• Demonstrated initiative-taker with a positive attitude
• Excellent analytical and decision making skillsClick here to apply online