Reporting to the Service Manager of globally recognized specialty heavy haul trailer manufacturer. From small excavators to wind blades, compact transformers, bulky machinery to mining machinery and parts to petrochemical plants, the company’s vehicles are operation-oriented and optimally adapted to the respective requirements of their client’s transport tasks.
The Field Service Engineer – Transport is responsible for diagnosing, adjusting, and repairing equipment on site (domestically and internationally) or in the shop. Apply electrical and hydraulic theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery, electrical control equipment, hydraulic equipment, and mechanical equipment. Required to provide technical support to service providers and parts identification to the spare parts team when needed. Sets a positive example in professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulation. Additional responsibilities include: Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul heavy haul transport equipment such as PST modular trailers, heavy haul highway trailers and accessories. Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry. Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational machinery and equipment. Apply hydraulic theory and related knowledge to test and modify hydraulic machinery and equipment. Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications. Repair and replace damaged parts. Operate and inspect heavy equipment to diagnose defects. Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment to diagnose defects. Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles. Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings. Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges. Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Promote a safe work environment by adhering to safety procedures. Successfully complete factory authorized training. Demonstrate working knowledge of heavy transport operations and loading schematics. Properly fill out working reports, hour’s reports, timesheets, hour’s overview, and expense reports. Assist customers with troubleshooting and part related questions when needed. Maintains company tools, machines, and equipment. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Experience in the heavy haul industry working with Modular trailers, Goosenecks, tractions gears, loading platforms, drop decks, bolsters, high girder bridges etc. (3 years)
- Experience installing, supporting, and maintaining multi-disciplinary equipment mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, PLC, sensors, and hydraulics.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Able to work varied overtime, as required by customer. Available for “on call” and be able to travel and work domestically and internationally
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Education: Associate Degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training
- Residence: Greater Miami, FL area; remote could be considered.
- Customer service experience
- Experience on Goldhofer equipment
- Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to multi-task while completing work competently and professionally
- Demonstrate initiative to maintain productivity
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online