GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Field Service Engineer (FSE) to ideally be located in the West Coast US marketplace.
About Our Client:
Our client is a next-generation biosensor technology company that is passionate about providing customers with high-throughput instrumentation, software, and protocols for the label-free analysis of biomolecular interactions. Leveraging a simplified workflow, our client announced the production of a platform that will not only enable higher-order epitope binning assays but will also accelerate kinetic screening on over 1,000 antibodies per run.
With the cost of a therapeutic antibody estimated at ~ $1B, the drug development industry is demanding higher-throughput methods to facilitate lead identification with mechanistically differentiated modes of action as early as possible. This opportunity will appeal to professionals who are interested in helping customers understand and deploy high-throughput instrumentation with significant next-generation advantages in rapidly screening large mAb libraries.
Having recently launched a next-generation array SPR instrument has precipitated the need for a qualified FSE to provide service and support to our client’s existing and new platform customers and to be an integral part of a world-class global service organization. This team player will work with his/her peers in the engineering, field application science, and commercial team to ensure that the customer experience is second to none.
In this role, the FSE will be responsible for installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on highly sophisticated Surface Plasmon Resonance-based (SPR) life science analytical equipment. Delivering customer satisfaction and a world-class customer experience will be paramount in this role. All aspects of technology that constitute our solution including PCs, instrument hardware, firmware, software, and spare parts will be maintained and serviced by the FSE. This position serves as the central technical resource assisting both end users and Field Applications Scientists (FAS) in effectively troubleshooting and resolving customer issues.
- Serve as the Field Service Engineer (FSE) for Western North America, providing all service and support to FAS and customers. Provide rapid, efficient, and effective field service utilizing the most appropriate tools (phone, email, on-site).
- Utilize instrument-specific materials for all instrument platforms, including but not limited to SOPs, IQ/OQ/PQ, manuals, and training documents.
- Maintain service-related fields within SalesForce.com including preventative maintenance, instrument serial numbers, cases, work orders, and software licenses and versions.
- Maintain company supplied tools, laptop, and spare parts inventory for each instrument platform with tracking for all spare parts and sub-systems. Ensure a sufficient quantity of parts and sub-systems are kept in car stock based on established metrics and reconciliation with the sales forecast.
- Minimum of an Associates of Science degree and 5+ years of experience. A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline and 3+ years of experience is preferred.
- Field service experience in the life sciences or scientific instrumentation fields; strong preference for candidates with SPR and other array-based or label-free interaction analysis platforms.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and solving hardware and software issues both onsite and through remote means; a strong track record of working with support and engineering teams to ensure a tight feedback loop between the field and development.
- Travel: estimated 50%
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Deep knowledge and experience in servicing large capital equipment in the life and analytical sciences; small company or start-up experience is highly valued.
- Strong preference for service experience in proteomics, antibody characterization and screening, HTS and array-based platforms, robotics, fluidics, optics, and Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR).
- Knowledge of the following a plus: protein binding interactions, affinity and avidity measurements, kinetic and equilibrium state binding measurements, binding and dissociation equations and the thermodynamics that underlie biomolecular interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with customers, applications scientists, as well as
- Strong team player with proven ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of computers, operating systems, and
- Self-starter, energetic, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.