GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Field Service Engineer (FSE) to be ideally located in the Boston area supporting a NorthEast customer base.
About Our Client:
Our client is a next-generation biosensor technology company that is passionate about providing customers with high-throughput instrumentation, software, and protocols for the label-free analysis of biomolecular interactions. Leveraging a simplified workflow, our client announced the production of a platform that will not only enable higher-order epitope binning assays but will also accelerate kinetic screening on over 1000 antibodies per run.
With the cost of a therapeutic antibody estimated at ~ $1B, the drug development industry is demanding higher-throughput methods to facilitate lead identification with mechanistically differentiated modes of action as early as possible. This opportunity will appeal to professionals who are interested in helping customers understand and deploy high-throughput instrumentation with significant next-generation advantages in rapidly screening large mAb libraries.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will work with his/her peers in the engineering, field application science, and commercial teams to ensure that our client’s customer experience is second to none. In this role, the FSE will be responsible for installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on highly sophisticated life science analytical equipment. Delivering customer satisfaction and a world-class customer experience will be paramount. All technological aspects of our client’s solution including PC’s, instrument hardware, firmware, software, and spare parts will be maintained and serviced by the FSE. This position serves as the central technical resource assisting both end users and Field Applications Scientists (FAS) in effectively troubleshooting and resolving customer issues.
- Serve as the Field Service Engineer (FSE) for the NorthEast US, providing all service and support to FAS’s and customers. Provide rapid, efficient, and effective field service utilizing the most appropriate tools (phone, email, on-site).
- Utilize instrument-specific materials for all instrument platforms, including but not limited to SOPs, IQ/OQ/PQ, manuals, training documents.
- Maintain service-related fields within SalesForce.com including preventative maintenance, instrument serial numbers, cases (service tickets), and software licenses and versions.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory for each instrument platform with tracking for all spare parts and sub-systems. Ensure a sufficient quantity of parts and sub-systems are kept in stock based on established metrics and reconciliation with the sales forecast.
- Minimum of a technical or vocational school degree and 5+ years of relevant experience. A bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline and 3+ years of experience is preferred.
- 3 or more years of field service experience in the life sciences or scientific instrumentation fields. Deep knowledge and experience in servicing large capital equipment in the life and analytical sciences.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and solving software issues both on-site and through remote means; a strong track record of working with software engineering teams to ensure a tight feedback loop between the field and development.
- Strong preference for candidates with SPR and other array-based or label-free interaction analysis platforms.
- Strong preference for service experience in proteomics, antibody characterization and screening, HTS and array-based platforms, fluidics, optics, and Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR).
- Small company or start-up experience is highly valued.
- Knowledge of the following a plus: protein binding interactions, affinity and avidity measurements, kinetic and equilibrium state binding measurements, binding and dissociation equations and the thermodynamics that underlie biomolecular interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional team.
- Teaching or training experience including design and delivery of basic and advanced concepts to technical or non-technical individuals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with management, sales and service teams, as well as customers.
- Strong team player, with proven ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of computers, operating systems and software.
- Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to travel extensively to customer sites in the NorthEast / New England area.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.