Reporting to the Service Manager of globally recognized airport and transport technology manufacturer. Thru strategic partnership, the company has the ability to provide ground power units (GPU), air conditioning units (ACU), ACU/GPU combos, and a variety of additional GSE to their customers.
The Field Service Engineer – Airport is responsible for diagnosing, adjusting, and repairing equipment on site (domestically and internationally) or in the shop. Apply electrical and hydraulic theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery, electrical control equipment, hydraulic equipment, and mechanical equipment. Required to provide technical support to service providers and parts identification to the spare parts team when needed. Sets a positive example in professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulation. Additional responsibilities include: Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul Ground Support Equipment such as cargo tractors, conventional tractors, towbar less tractors, ground power units, and air start units. Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry. Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational machinery and equipment. Apply hydraulic theory and related knowledge to test and modify hydraulic machinery and equipment. Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications. Repair and replace damaged parts. Operate and inspect heavy equipment to diagnose defects. Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment to diagnose defects. Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles. Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings. Inspect and test defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges. Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications. Promote a safe work environment by adhering to safety procedures. Successfully complete factory authorized training. Properly fill out working reports, timesheets, hours overview and expense reports. Assist customers with troubleshooting and parts related questions when needed. Maintains company tools, machines, and equipment.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Experience in airport technology and working on ground support equipment (3 years)
- Experience installing, supporting, and maintaining multi-disciplinary equipment mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, PLC, sensors, and hydraulics.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Able to work varied overtime, as required by customer. Available for “on call” and be able to travel and work domestically and internationally
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Education: Associate Degree in Industrial Electrical / Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational / technical training
- Residence: Memphis, TN (relocation assistance available)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- High Voltage experience (lithium batteries, power equipment, etc.)
- Customer service experience
- Experience on Goldhofer equipment
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to multi-task while completing work competently and professionally
- Demonstrate initiative to maintain productivity
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online