Property Field Adjuster
- Responsible for handling first party property claims.
- Must be experienced with handling both personal and commercial property claims
- Responsibilities include conducting field inspections of the loss to include estimating, scoping and completing related reports.
- Must also be able to identify subrogation and salvage opportunities.
- This is primarily a field position which involves extensive driving and travel within the established territory.
- Inspect and appraise first party property damage, both personal and commercial lines of business.
- Prepare thorough estimates while utilizing the Xactimate platform.
- Detailed photos are expected to support all damages included in estimate.
- Submit thorough, timely reports to the desk adjuster to achieve timely resolution of the claim.
- Reports are to include comments on cause of loss, subrogation and salvage opportunities.
- Proper use of related cause and origin experts is required when warranted.
- Communicate promptly and professionally with all parties when answering questions and gathering claim information.
- This position is to act as the face of the company while working well with all parties involved in order to achieve positive outcomes.
- May be required to review claims investigated by outside insurance adjusters or investigators to ensure proper evaluation and payment of the claim.
- Recommend potential questionable claims for further SIU review.
- Investigate, evaluate the loss while applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt resolution of cases which will result in a reduced loss ratio.
- Training of Xactimate expertise to fellow co-workers may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to work under pressure especially in the event of a storm or catastrophe (CAT).
Skills and Requirements:
- A technical understanding of insurance coverage and claim procedures.
- Ability to scope property losses and write estimates utilizing the Xactimate platform.
- Prior experience working with public adjusters.
- Ability to climb roofs and perform duties to inspect property damage.
- Must communicate professionally with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Computer skills with working knowledge of company software programs.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct re-inspections of property losses to verify replacement cost guidelines have been met.
- Oversee independent adjusters and audit their work product.
- Good negotiation and settlement skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience Required:
- At least 3-10 years’ field adjusting experience with handling Commercial Property and Personal lines of business at an insurance carrier
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Xactimate knowledge
- Construction knowledge.
- Continued insurance education and/or designations.