Our client, a diversified player in the agriculture industry, has an opening for a Field Marketing Representative in their Food Products Division at their facility, near Portage la Prairie, MB.
As a Field Marketing Representative, all your activities will be focused on the sales and service of crop inputs and the procurement of Food Grade contracts within a specific geographic location - working with existing customers and new prospects. Your success will be demonstrated as you meet targets and, ultimately, assist in growing the business.
Using your internal drive and initiative, you'll be the liaison between buyers and sellers; providing valuable information about agronomic products and services to consumers. You will foster human relationships through open communication and the distribution of information to drive their success. You will also be expected to search for opportunities that continuously improve yourself personally and professionally.
Some duties related to this position are:
To be considered for this position, you offer:
- Sell and service crop procurement contracts
- Strategically plan and establish initiatives to meet/exceed targets
- Sell dry bean seed, corn seed, soybeans, canola seed, crop protection products, and foliar nutrition products
- Foster and build relationships with customers and prospects to ensure customer satisfaction; anticipating needs
- Be the liaison between the grower and applicable government, supplier representatives, and company administration as required
- Thoroughly document and record contracts related to field scouting, quality assurance, etc.
- Recommend agronomic solutions using the phone, website, newsletters, and grower meetings
- Promote additional Food Grade production opportunities to Growers
- Continuously improve your knowledge of recommended agronomic practices/Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) guidelines
- Provide feedback regarding the improvement of operations, efficiencies, and customer services
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, and ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary education in an agricultural-related program
- Several years of experience in ag-retail and/or crop input sales and contract seed buying
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) designation or willingness to obtain
- Pesticide Vendors Certification or willingness to obtain
- Forklift License or willingness to obtain
In this role, you will split your time between the location office, client locations, and farm visits - including outdoor work in a combination of environments and weather. Your travel may include working with accounts/prospects in Alberta, North Dakota, and Manitoba as required. Hours may vary depending on a client's needs but, in season, extra hours may include evenings and weekends.
- Strong agricultural cropping background
- A high degree of technical knowledge in plant fertility, pesticides, seed, and new technologies
- Capability to build lasting relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to successfully perform all sales tasks while demonstrating strong business acumen; strategic selling and negotiating skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Effective verbal, written, organizational, and time management skills
- Valid class 5 driver's license
Connect with Ed (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule time to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy or check out additional opportunities on our website (https://www.grasslandsgroup.com/career/careersite.html)
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online