Field Machinist - Relocation help if needed
Our client, a machining and service company located 50 miles north of Atlanta in Dawsonville, Georgia , is seeking a Field Machinist for their rapidly growing company.
• Line Boring, Key-way Cutting and Shaft turning
• Milling motor or pump bases / Drilling and tapping
• Laser or optical alignment equipment
• Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
• Properly uses and completes customer and company job related forms and paperwork.
• Properly uses, cares for and maintains company tools, equipment and vehicles.
• Communicates and deals with customers and other parties in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company.
• Safely uses rigging and lifting equipment
• Completes all required training, including tests, within Company guidelines.
• Performs other related field, maintenance or shop duties as assigned by supervision
• Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
• Ability to prioritize and complete work assignments by specific deadlines.
• Knowledge of plant maintenance and repair work preferred.
• Able to follow precise oral and written directions and procedures of the supervisor on the project.
• Must be able to communicate technical and non-technical jargon to customers, supervisor and co-workers.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and pass a standard drug test.
Additionally you must have a valid drives license in good standing, pass a criminal background check, pass random drug test and work in a smoke free environment.
They are looking for someone who is able to work in a group and lead people when necessary. Be flexible in schedule and job duties and learn new machines and techniques. You must have a High School diploma or GED and a Minimum of three years' experience in this field.
The Field Machinist duties require work in a plant atmosphere. Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
Will required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com