Our Client is seeking a Field Engineer to join the team. Field Engineers are incredibly important to the overall project team success, as they are responsible for the planning and layout of the line and grade portion of a project. The Field Engineer has the knowledge and skills necessary for the technical aspect of line/grade & layout, as well as utilization of advance instrumentation/total station. The Field Engineer is a technical line/grade & layout resource for others. Qualified candidates please email your resume to email@example.com.
- Sets up and maintains permanent control throughout the entire line and grade portion of the project.
- Exercises knowledge & skills in the use of the Total Station, Robotic Total Station and/or Theodolite equipment.
- Exercises knowledge in the use of data surveying software.
- Validates accurate dimensions by reviewing the architectural and structural drawings prior to execution.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Able to identify any discrepancies in drawings prior to execution.
- Engages the project lead on the line and grade portion of the project to ensure proper scheduling and sequencing.
- Proficient with the use of advanced instruments and total station to perform an accurate layout.
- Able to complete a layout in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Delivers layout information to the project team to ensure proper execution.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Knowledge & skills in the use of the Total Station, Robotic Total Station and/or Theodolite equipment.
- Knowledge in the use of data surveying software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Understands Coordinate Geometry Geometric Theory & Geometric Functions Application to establish surveying/data/layout points.
- 5+ years of experience in field engineering, surveying, and layout for a large-scale Commercial, Self-Perform General Contractor or Concrete Contractor.
- SOME self-perform experience of concrete is required.
- Seeking someone with a variety of project types with emphasis on Commercial/Industrial.
- Knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects over 1 million dollars.