Our client, the Midstream division of a Major Integrated Oil Company, is a seeking a Field Electrical Engineer for its pipeline organization based in Houston.
The Field Electrical Engineer provides day to day electrical engineering support, troubleshooting, and project management for terminals, pipelines, and/or salt dome storage facilities in a defined geographic or operating area. This includes managing the field execution and financial stewardship of facility upgrades and technical maintenance, and typically involves concurrently managing several projects in various stages of development or execution.
Key responsibilities include project scope definition, engineering design, estimate development, material and service procurement, schedule development, and field execution. Individual projects are generally up to $2M in size.
Facility equipment includes motor control centers, control rooms, PLCs, process control equipment & instrumentation, industrial motors, variable frequency drives, and other electrical equipment. Depending on work location and area of responsibility, the Field Electrical Engineer spends between 20% and 50% of their time outside of the office working with Operations personnel at field operating locations, sometimes involving travel and overnight stays.
Successful candidates will have:
- BS or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 0-5+ years of electrical engineering experience involving field instrumentation and control systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders throughout the organization, ranging from management to technical subject matter experts to field operators & technicians
- Proactive approach toward troubleshooting and problem solving, with ability to drive cross-functional teams
- Willingness to travel between 20-50% outside of the office
* Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. (i.e., must be either a US Citizen or a legal US Permanent Resident with a Green Card.)
How to Apply: Please click on Apply.
All resumes are held in strict confidence. Your resume will not be sent to any client without your express permission.