GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Field Application Scientist (FAS) to be ideally located in the Boston, MA area.About Our Client:Our client is a next-generation biosensor technology company that is passionate about providing customers with high-throughput instrumentation, software, and protocols for the label-free analysis of biomolecular interactions. Leveraging a simplified workflow, our client has commercially deployed instruments across three continents that enable higher-order epitope binning assays and accelerate kinetic screening on over 1,000 antibodies per run.Narrative:With the development cost of a therapeutic antibody estimated at ~ $1B, the drug development industry is demanding higher-throughput methods to facilitate lead identification with mechanistically differentiated modes of action as early as possible. This opportunity will appeal to professionals who are interested in helping customers understand and deploy high-throughput instrumentation with significant next-generation advantages in rapidly screening large mAb libraries.The Field Application Scientist (FAS) will serve as a member of the integrated sales team, working with potential customers to facilitate the sales process. The FAS will interface with customers and conduct product demonstrations, seminars, evaluation projects, training, and scientific support. The FAS will also establish and maintain a new Customer Experience Center, or demo lab, in the Boston area that will support pre-sales and research activities.Key Responsibilities:
Education:Minimum of a Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline.Experience:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers. Manage customer expectations while providing a high level of customer support during pre- and post-sales scientific support activities. Communicate with customers to help them understand methodologies, applications and how to use the platform properly.
- Plan and schedule pre- and post-sales support in conjunction with sales executives.
- Conduct both internal and external training courses in basic and advanced instrument and software usage, data interpretation and assay design. Design and develop new course materials and provide feedback to commercial marketing for new course concepts.
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone and email. Document complaints in CRM and work within the organization to resolve user issues. Provide high-quality customer support in accordance with customer satisfaction measurements.
- Be a self-starter able to manage time and organize workload as 50% + of time will be spent in the field.
- Work in a team environment with marketing and product development to contribute in developing product specifications and applications in the areas of biophysical and biochemical characterization.
- 5+ years of experience using SPR and / or other label-free interaction analysis platforms.
- Preferred prior experience as a field-based Applications Scientist for SPR instrumentation.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Knowledge of the theory of protein binding interactions, concepts of affinity and avidity measurements, kinetic and equilibrium state binding measurements, mathematical understanding of binding and dissociation equations and the thermodynamics that underlies biomolecular interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional team.
- Teaching or training experience including design and delivery of basic and advanced concepts to technical or non-technical individuals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with management, sales and service teams, as well as customers.
- Strong team player, with proven ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and their operating systems and instrument service a plus.
- Experience with research collaborations.
- Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.