GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a (FAS) field application scientist located in California.
About Our Client:
As a leader in providing information and analysis solutions (bioinformatics) for next-generation sequencing, our client’s products and services enable researchers to analyze and interpret their experimental and clinical data for better understanding and decision making.
Big data in NGS requires scale beyond the capabilities of commonly used software tools. These datasets require robust analytics to allow for decision making, insight discovery, and optimization. Our client’s value proposition includes the quality and consistency of reporting that CLIA labs can achieve post-deployment. As our client expands their presence in the clinical NGS market, they are seeking to add to their FAS team.
The FAS focuses on interaction and support to clinical testing (CLIA) labs to discuss, present, and demonstrate software and clinical variant interpretation services that provide the most accurate and scalable NGS platform available today. This opportunity may be appealing for professionals who enjoy teaching and presenting and whose goals include leveraging knowledge gleaned from experience in clinical testing labs to assist external customers in the conduct of clinical genetic and variant analysis experimentation.
The FAS will focus on delivering pre-sales product demonstrations and training workshops to clinical scientists and lab directors. The FAS will conduct analysis of NGS example sequence data, variant calling and variant interpretation using state of the art bioinformatics software. The FAS will gather customer requirements and project manage the software or service implementation of NGS clinical informatics solutions.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate relationships.
- Communicate the clinical value proposition of our client’s products, services, and technologies to customers. Customers will save time, money, and reduce errors by implementing our client’s solutions, including content, analytics, and clinical interpretation services.
- Deliver scientific demonstrations on defined case studies to showcase the value and effectiveness of clinical software applications within the context of the prospective customer’s NGS workflow.
- Perform NGS secondary and tertiary data analysis of evaluation samples and interpret the results.
- Train and support new customers including delivering product-training seminars.
- Onboard new users from product evaluation through adoption.
- Work closely with customers to understand their requirements, and communicate these requirements to the Marketing and engineering teams for inclusion in future product development activities.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop and nurture key account technical relationships.
- Support Marketing activities at targeted events.
Ph.D. or equivalent experience in molecular biology or genetics-related field.
- Prior experience in clinical genetic molecular biology.
- Experience with variant interpretation and curation in a clinical context.
- Experience with hands-on clinical NGS data analysis is highly desired.
- Experience with precision medicine, clinical reporting, and/or companion diagnostics is highly desired.
- Prior involvement working directly with clinicians and/or physicians in a support, consulting, or related role is highly desired.
- The ability to use software programs to create, analyze and Interpret NGS data in a translational and clinical environment.
- The ability to travel to customer sites. This is a field-based (home office with travel) role which entails episodic periods of travel up to 60%; however, average yearly levels will typically be 30-40% and will depend on home office location.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with management, support, sales, and marketing teams, as well as with all customer types. Demonstrated public speaking experience.
- Strong team player with proven ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.