Field Application Scientist (FAS)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
If you enjoy bringing new technologies to market, embrace challenge, and are capable of fitting in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position is for you.
The Field Applications Scientist will be responsible to provide operator training on instruments and teaching customers how to develop their own assays.
The Field Applications Scientist provides complex applications support, troubleshooting and diagnosis on Flow Cytometry systems.
This position has a pre-sales function and works closely as a partner with the Sales and Marketing team.
Education & Experience Required:
- Ph.D. in Biology related field (or BS/MS with equivalent experience) and strong research background working in Flow Cytometry/Cell Sorting
- 3-5 years of hands-on laboratory experience in Cell Analysis, protein biochemistry, Immunology, drug discovery/molecular pharmacology, or related field is required.
- Independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills and experience delivering scientific presentations
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, applications, and analysis of data from cell sorters and flow cytometers.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and technical writing ability
- Ability to travel 60% of the time, Majority of the travel is within the San Francisco Bay Area