GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a NGS (FAS) field application scientist located in an East Coast home office.
About Our Client:
As a leader in providing information and analysis solutions (bioinformatics) for next-generation sequencing, our client’s products and services enable researchers to analyze and interpret their experimental and clinical data for better understanding and decision making.
Big data in NGS requires scale beyond the capabilities of commonly used software tools. These datasets require robust analytics to allow for decision making, insight discovery, and optimization. As our client expands their presence in the custom NGS market, they are seeking to add to their FAS team.
The FAS focuses on interaction and support of a wide range of researchers across different scientific disciplines. This opportunity may be appealing for researchers who enjoy teaching and presenting and whose goals include leveraging knowledge gleaned from the bench to enable researchers in the conduct of gene and variant analysis experimentation.
The FAS will focus on translating customer needs into customized software solutions and / or data analysis projects. Products and services provided include gene expression analysis, sequence variant analysis, pathway analysis, microbial metagenomics analysis, and many other analysis types. The FAS will work strategically with sales, marketing, customer support, and R&D teams to present optimal solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech, government, hospital/medical, and academic customers.
- Become a power user of bioinformatics software applications and effectively develop and present scientific examples to prospective customers at seminars, workshops, webinars, and at scientific conferences.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate relationships.
- Communicate with external and internal stakeholders and work on project scoping, write statements of work, timeline setting and other pre-sales support activities.
- Leverage deep scientific knowledge to identify customer challenges and bridge them to bioinformatics software products and services.
- Provide scientific presentations and compelling pre-sales product demonstrations for potential customers within the context of the customer’s research field and application.
- Work closely with customers to understand their product requirements and communicate these requirements to the Marketing and engineering teams for inclusion in future product development activities.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop and nurture key account technical relationships.
- Support Marketing activities at targeted events.
Ph.D. or equivalent experience in molecular biology or genetics-related field. Post-doctoral research experience is desired.
- Prior wet-lab work with a focus on the biological interpretation of gene expression, sequence variant analysis, or NGS data analysis using analysis software.
- Prior field application scientist or services support work is desired.
- Prior work experience in a commercial environment is desired.
- Prior software coding or scripting experience is desired.
- Aptitude for understanding and communicating complex computational concepts, applications, and algorithms to less computer savvy biologists.
- This is a home office-based role with some travel which, post-COVID will entail episodic periods of out-of-town travel up to 25%.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with management, support, sales, and marketing teams, as well as with all customer types. Demonstrated public speaking experience.
- Strong team player with proven ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.