Title: Fiber Optic Manufacturing Technician
City: Santa Clara
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2067538610
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Fiber Optic Manufacturing Technician to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Clara, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Perform incoming inspection of lasers for measurement of optical power, polarization and laser noise.
- Perform incoming inspection of optical fibers to characterize polarization performance.
- Perform accurate and detailed mechanical assembly work involving installation of sheet metal, machined parts, PC boards and laser and optical fiber components.
- Perform button-up, final functional and cosmetic inspection and shipping procedures.
- Polish fiber tips of optical connectors.
- Perform production work using up-to-date production procedures and drawings.
- Effectively communicate with both verbal and written word to team members. Proficiently read and understand English to understand work instructions and company communications.
- Work closely with Engineering and R&D to develop new optical assembly processes and techniques
- Using Word and Excel as needed to track and store required production / inspection data.
- Using the Oracle ERP system track and control work orders and parts.
- Ensure work area is kept clean and orderly.
- 5 – 7 years of experience, preferably working with fiber optics and laser systems.
- Detailed mechanical assembly of complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Inspection and handling of lasers and optical fibers.
- Ability to lift up to 40lb instruments.
- Ability to work individually in a team setting with other technicians and engineers.
- Ability to cross train in a flexible manufacturing cell environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Can read and follow written and verbal English work instructions and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Must have ability to use Windows-based PC (start up, reboot, navigate folders, open or copy files, etc)
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.