Assume leadership of the day-to-day operations for this successful, legacy Animal Feed Mill, located in beautiful Southern, AB!
Our client is a long-standing, financially stable organization in the animal nutrition industry. As a company that grew with the nation throughout the twentieth century, it was built by the pioneering ambition of Canadians. This pioneering spirit has now transitioned into one of Canada's largest premium animal nutrition companies by being one of the top 10 animal health companies in the world. This organization collaborates as a national team to bring research-based, species-specific solutions to local farms. They offer their customers proven nutrition programs and their staff a challenging, team-oriented work environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. They also offer our agriculturally dependent planet the commitment to deploy long term, sustainable decisions - reducing production imprint and post-consumer impact. A leader in animal nutrition, our client is currently seeking a self-motivated individual with extensive grain, food or feed mill industry knowledge and experience to assume a leadership position as Operations Manager
for their legacy feed-mill facility, located in Southern Alberta.
With support from your departmental supervisors, you will assume overall responsibility for the plant's efficiency, safety, continuous improvements, quality control, regulatory compliance, productivity, cost control, maintenance, project management, inventory, and account management. As this facility is growing in throughput, you'll also help put in place capital and maintenance improvements that meet their needs for the future!
Located in the southern Alberta area, this diverse business, service, manufacturing, and agricultural community contributes heavily to the region's prosperity. Your background profile includes:
- Strong leadership and people management skills; supervisory experience critical
- Five (5) years’ (minimum) experience within a feed (preferred), grain mill or food/processing/manufacturing environment
- Direct management/leadership work experience in a feed/food manufacturing facility
- Ability to review and analyze P&L and statistical reports; budgeting responsibilities
- Solid understanding of HACCP, safety regulations and requirements
- History of working safely and a reputation for promoting a safe work environment
- Willingness to get your hands dirty when required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills; email, Excel, etc. Familiarity with Great Plains Software a definite asset
- Positive account management and a customer-service focus
- Ability to utilize independent judgement to solve problems
- Superior organizational skills to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks and meet deadlines
- Mechanical aptitude is a definite asset
As a leader in animal nutrition, our client offers a competitive salary, vehicle reimbursement, RRSP/pension plan, group insurance benefits and referral incentives. A relocation allowance may be provided if required.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity on which you personally might like more information on, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Ed Danneberg, Senior Recruiter on this file, today! Not the position for you? Ask about our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
@GRS_Recruiters Click here to apply online