Our client, a leader in the Canadian food tech-based infrastructure space, represents over 30 global manufacturing brands, including being a leading provider of equipment and technological solutions for agricultural commodities, leveraging on-farm and processing facility connectivity through sensor technology and cloud computing systems.
In this role you’ll be responsible for driving growth by generating awareness and sales in digital and technological-based market solutions by engaging with the most progressive producers to assure successful development and applications of products in the market, working directly with the most progressive producers and facilities both on-farm and off. You’ll aid in providing your customers with increased ability to manage crop production, rate, quality and traceability, imparting a huge impact on their business success. Your customer base will include growers, retailers, buyers and processors, from farm to table through increased supply chain visibility and towards a complete crop management system.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving our client’s growth in MB by generating awareness and sales in the company’s digital and technology-based farm market solutions and engaging with growers/producers to assure successful development and applications of products in the market. This position will represent and grow our clients many tech and web-based monitoring solutions and automation systems. The main function of the role is to work directly with progressive producers on farm to grow sales and revenues of their technology-based brands, building long-term, profitable relationships with key farm producers.
- Direct selling of our clients technology portfolio on farm and through retail channels.
- Participate in the development of dealer and producer-based sales plans that will focus on the growth of on-farm technology products.
- Ensure strong, continued business from established clientele and seek to identify opportunities on-farm within your designated market area with new farm producers.
- Establish a detailed farm-call program including the development of written proposals, such as producer business plans, to take advantage of all opportunities within a designated market area.
- Log opportunities and producer profiles in Salesforce CRM software.
- Establish, maintain, and nurture a strong relationship with the Territory Sales Manager (TSM) to identify targeted producer opportunities within the corresponding geography.
- Conduct producer seminars and dealer training events, both live and web-based, to promote the technology based AGI product lines to support the dealer network and to gain new customers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with dealers and producers to maximize market penetration of all products.
- Maintain a broad product background and knowledge of assigned products; as well as corresponding competitive products and offers.
- Represent the company at regional trade shows and farmer-based seminars, meetings, and conventions.
- Provide support to management by representing the company in their respective market area - providing a strong presence in business, social and community affairs.
- Establish a large social media (primarily Twitter) presence and following of agricultural producers and industry persons.
- Support the management, administrative, engineering, and operational staff as they pursue their specific goals as a team player.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma, preference in Agriculture.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2-5+ years with on-farm selling experience, with a focus on Agricultural technology
- A background in using digital remote technology in a variety of business sectors with preference for Ag industry experience.
- Strong business and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Possess a sense of urgency to recognize sales leads and pursue them to completion.
- Ability to determine and provide fact-based solutions for customers.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Well organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Territory management experience.
- Background in agriculture and experience in technology sales preferred.
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms.
Please EMAIL Edward at email@example.com to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online