Are you a Farmer without a Farm? Want to run a Farm without the cost of buying a Farm?
Webster Farms is a third generation, diversified family farm located in Cambridge, Kings County in Nova Scotia’s beautiful Annapolis Valley.
We specialize in strawberry, raspberry, dry bean rhubarb and winter rye production, and we also operate a seasonal mill for the manufacture of wooden berry boxes. Employing 11 full time staff plus several more seasonal and harvest workers, the Webster brothers are retiring and currently looking to hire a Farm Manager to manage the farm.
The Farm Manager will manage the overall operation of farm and lead our team with a focus on producing a quality product within an efficient, pristine environment.
- Organize and coordinate planting, cultivating and harvesting activities in farm.
- Hire and manage farm workers.
- Manage and arrange farm machinery, seeds, plants and other supplies.
- Manage and supervise financial and production records.
- Ensure food safety procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Marketing activities and customer relations
- Nutrient management planning
- Inventory management and storage
- Manage or carry out grain planting
- Ensure frost protection during spring months
- Post-secondary education in agriculture and/or combination of on farm experience
- At least 5+ years experience on farm, preferably with crop experience
- Must be able to reside near or on farm and work flexible hours
- Proven ability to develop relationships and effectively manage people
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of commitment and accountability
- WHIMIS and 1st Aid are considered an asset
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset but not required
We are dedicated to the production and marketing of top quality fruit and vegetables for our diversified customer base.
Webster Farm’s is offering an amazing opportunity for the right person to do what they love, be compensated well, and live in the beautiful Annapolis Valley.
Interested candidates should forward a resume including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer