Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
Southern and Southeast Arizona
A Central Arizona healthcare organization is hiring a full-time, Family Practice Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
As an FNP, you will be responsible for …
- Prescribing medication dosages, routes, and frequencies.
- Ordering, performing, or interpreting the results of diagnostic tests such as complete blood counts, electrocardiograms, and x-rays.
- Analyzing and interpreting patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Developing treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Diagnosing or treating acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries.
- Prescribing medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
- Counseling patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such over-the-counter medications and herbal remedies.
- Recommending interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Detecting and responding to adverse drug reactions, with special attention to vulnerable populations.
- Educating patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses.
- Advance Practice Degree.
- Current Arizona Nursing License- Nurse AP.
- Current BLS and ACLS required. PALS preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organization habits.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base.
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation.
- Ability to care for adult to geriatric patients.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Basic knowledge of continuous quality improvement ideology.
- Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information call Rene Pelayo 602-788-5890 x 116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!