Facilities Tech/Maintenance Staff
Assist Director of Facilities with the following—
- Provide comprehensive site maintenance and janitorial services in support of our organization.
- Provide onsite assistance to all individuals and groups using the property, and ensure that hospitality, safety, health, and security standards are continually met and maintained.
- Open and close designated areas and facilities according to scheduled needs.
- Perform repairs to buildings and equipment and purchase required supplies as directed.
- Assist the Director of Facilities in ensuring that the camp always complies with applicable federal, state, and local codes, safety activity checkpoints, and American Camp Association standards.
- Maintain inventory and stocking of cleaning supplies and paper products for the property.
- Provide written reports and evaluations as requested.
- Maintain positive working relationship with federal, state, and local authorities.
- Provide assistance to other Director of Facilities when necessary.
- Attend and participate in regular team and council-wide meetings, trainings, and professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage work-time, meet deadlines, and handle a potentially heavy workload in a positive and flexible manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, volunteers, girls, and adults, who encompass the full spectrum of diversity.
- Exhibit an attitude and behavior consistent with the core competencies, core values, and beliefs of the organization.
- Knowledge of general building and grounds maintenance techniques with some demonstrated experience in related building, construction, or property management trades (i.e., painting, carpentry, plumbing, etc.).
- Ability to operate a variety of machinery and/or power tools safely and effectively.
- Ability, in the absence of the Director of Facilities, to take on increased responsibilities and on regular basis work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to handle crises in a calm, thorough, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated maturity, sound judgment, integrity, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate appropriately, support decisions in a team environment, and show initiative and follow through.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum age of 21.
- Covid Vaccinated
- Commitment to the aims and purposes of the organization, including belief in the importance of the organization in our society.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the goals, objectives and desired outcomes of the organization.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, the importance of being a professional role model.
- Valid Arizona driver's license, insurance, a proven safe driving record (39 month MVR), and reliable transportation.
- Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to learn and use the competencies essential to our organizations' theory of change models and learning organization culture.
Required Education and Experience:
- Prior work experience in property maintenance preferably for non-profit youth or other large organization.
- First Aid or OSHA10-hour certification or willingness to obtain such certifications.
- Good physical condition, including the ability to lift more than 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Ability to walk, run, climb ladders, and do other physical work outdoors in adverse climates for hours at a time.
To learn more, please contact Ren'e at Rene@apnusa.com or call 602-788-5890, ext. 116.