The Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor (FMS) will be responsible for leading the daily work orders, repairs and replacement of equipment with hands-on repairs and through our work order management system. This position also assists work performed by outside vendors, contractors to ensure accountability, efficient repairs, quality of work and all company standards.
The FMS prioritizes the maintenance and repairs of all restaurants, cooking equipment and parts. Will control and monitor Inventory, brand expectations, safety policies codes, regulations and procedures for the FacilitiesDepartment.
The FMS will work closely and effectively communicate with Facilities Director and Managers to reduce overall R&M costs, repairs, projects and replacements to reduce downtime and maximize productivity and life of the equipment.JOB FUNCTIONS
- HVAC/R repairs, building and cooking equipment repairs/replacements, plumbing, electrical tile, painting and all other maintenance duties.
- Position requires both technical and administrative duties, knowledge and skills.
- Ensures safety, health department and property management issues are handled with high priority and in compliance with all OSHA and city ordinances.
- Lead and support the maintenance work orders and daily repairs for multiple locations and completes repairs in timely manner and with sense of urgency.
- Repairs/Replacements functions on a wide range of restaurant equipment, electrical systems HVAC/R, plumbing and building structures.
- Operate, manage and lead work order system....EcoTrak.
- Communicates and works closely with Facilities Director, FM, Vendors and Operations teams to develop strong relationships.
- Addresses concerns and maintains consistent follow-up on any outstanding repairs/projects.
- Responds to emergency work orders, repairs, phone calls and emails.
- Develops a daily/weekly work schedule to minimize the impact and down time on equipment and restaurant operations.
- Maintain store furniture and equipment in good working condition (A/C, fridge, freezer, fryers hot water units.... etc.) to support store operations and facilities department.
- Inspect and correctly repair standard malfunctions in maintenance and cooking equipment.
- Estimate time and costs of R&M and all restaurant equipment.
- Assist operations and restaurants by trouble-shooting over the phone to diagnose repairs.
- Utilize Ecotrak to manage repairs, maintenance expenses and detect areas of opportunity within equipment.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgement and initiative.
- Service restaurants by analyzing work orders, planning schedule, handling repairs and following up with managers to resolve issues.
- Knowledge in building codes, safety regulations, maintenance practices and procedures.
- Reports all irregular issues and repairs to FM to develop course of actions and solutions.
- Ability to perform minor and major technical repairs and replacements within directed time frames as established.
- Read, write and interpret manuals, schematics, plans and specifications related to duties.
EXPERIENCE SKILLS & LICENSE
- Monitors the work orders, statuses and repairs through work order system.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral and Written Communication – Speaks, writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information. Ability to communicate with all executive and operations teams.
- Organizes all files, reports, paperwork and digital documents.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes tasks correctly and on time, supports Company’s goals and values.
- Adaptability - Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent and arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Takes ownership of all restaurant maintenance work orders with hands-on repairs.
- Judgment - Exhibit’s sound and accurate judgment. Displays willingness to make decisions. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Use of al PC and computer programs, Microsoft, word, excel and IOS systems.
- Document and completing work orders, repairs and projects with EcoTrak and reports.
- (1-3) years minimum restaurant experience (Required)
- (1-3) years cooking equipment repairs (Required)
- (3-5) years of maintenance, mechanical and facilities knowledge and skills
- Customer service, administrative, computer and communication skills
- Computer proficient using Microsoft and work order system programs
- EPA or HVAC/R license (Preferred)
- Perform advanced journeymen level trades for repairs and equipment
- Operates and use of all hand/power tools, diagnostic and test equipment
- Bilingual in English/Japanese (Preferred)
- Valid CA driver license (Good driving record)
This job operates in a restaurant and corporate environment. This role routinely interacts with upper management, operations teams and customers. This position is full-time and can frequently require long hours and weekend work. Operating and use of all hand and power tools, company computers and phone.
Frequent travel to company locations-local and remotely, as well as possible overnight travel as needed.Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to focus on computer screen for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Weight Lifting/Force Exertion Requirements:
- 1/3 to 2/3 of time: Up to 50 pounds with a lifting aid
- More than 2/3 of time:Up to 10 pounds