Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Facilities Operator
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 38.5 hours per week
- 12 hour night shift, 2 week shift pattern – week 1: 4 days, week 2: 3 days
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To provide Facilities support to the operations at Magellan Aerospace (Greyabbey) Limited.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Transportation of Swarf skips via fork lift truck to and from the machines to the Briquetter
- Ensure that all bins are emptied into the correct skips
- Continuously monitor Briquetting machines to ensure no tunnelling of the swarf accumulator
- Record Weight of all Dulav Bins of Briquettes using the weigh scales
- Keep general work area clear and tidy
- Carry out daily checks of work equipment - Forklift etc.
- Train others as necessary
- Clean production floor areas during slack periods
- Demonstrate a good work ethic
- Work as part of a shift team
- Report all significant incidents to shift team leaders and maintenance Team lead
- During a day shift make contact with waste management contractors on removing waste
- Assist with loading and unloading deliveries as necessary
- Assist with any other reasonable request as necessary
- Good general education
- FLT License – counterbalance and reach
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!