Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the security, maintenance and services of the work facilities to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees. The Facilities Manager will oversee building projects and renovations or refurbishments, leaning multi-disciplinary teams. Responsible for all aspects of the business facilities risk management, including ensuring all necessary risk assessment are completed and the necessary checks are in place to meet all audit requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all premises-related mechanical, electrical, heating services and other plant, including ensuring the completion of all annual portable appliance testing, monitoring and recording of meter readings/returns as required.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security, where external contractors are employed, to monitor work and certify that work has been done satisfactorily
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Manage all aspects of any building projects and maintenance work undertaken on Magellan premises, including acting as a point of contact with regard to liaison with building contractors
- Review heating, electrical and water usage and to advise procurement on proposals for energy saving methods. Advising the businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Monitor the safe storage and control of any potentially harmful materials and chemicals used with the business and ensure that such materials are appropriately marked and signposted.
- Responsible for the planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises and equipment including the required safety checks. To liaise with contractors as required.
- Determine whether maintenance should be undertaken in-house or by commissioned contract services and to assist in the selection of contract services where appropriate, through consultation with the divisional manager(s) and procurement.
- Responsible for devising, reviewing and updating Magellan’s disaster recovery plan through consultation with the Division Manager(s)
- Respond to call outs by police and Alarm companies during closure periods including nights and weekends
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years relevant experience of facilities management.
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes, with previous experience of facility/warehouse design and build programmes.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Good knowledge of technical regulations and legislation related to the field.
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level.
- Business Acumen;
- Critical thinking & Problem solving;
- Conflict management;
- Timely decision making.
- Proficient English business communications are required.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the programme team
- Good knowledge of programme and project management method
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!