Summary/General Description Of Job:
The Incumbent’s primary duty and responsibility is to manage the total work effort associated with maintenance and repair of facility low voltage electrical systems. Follow established procedures related to operation and maintenance of low voltage electrical systems. Provides review/approval of related scope(s) of work and cost proposals for submittal to the Government. Incumbent shall be the subject matter expert for review and approval of Contractor plans, and procedures related to the low voltage electrical systems. Incumbent shall be a Class 1 Journeyman Electrician who possesses relevant experience at a comparable level of responsibility in projects of similar size, scope and complexity (approximately 35 employees) to provide overall management to the electrical services in the Facilities division. The Incumbent shall be on-site during the Government’s regular working hours, during performance of all critical operations, and be available on-site within two hours after the Government’s regular working hours (7:00am-3:30pm). The Incumbent’s primary duty and responsibility is to supervise the total work effort associated with operation, sustainment, restoration, and modernization of the facility electrical systems and components. The Incumbent shall be the subject matter expert for facility electrical maintenance and repair. The Incumbent shall possess a Washington state EL01 electrician license or equivalent or obtain this license within one year of employment. The Incumbent shall perform no functions other than those associated with the facility electrical systems and components.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Provides day-to-day guidance and direction to others in the same department.
- Leads a crew in the performance of skilled operation, maintenance, repair and installation work on low voltage electrical systems.
- Collects data, prepares and submits periodic reports, and prepares and submits work schedules for all assigned work areas.
- Reviews shop work orders for completeness, proper method, and quality of accomplishment, and availability of materials both before and after work.
- Establishes unique work standards, enforcement of commercial/industrial standards and priorities of work.
- Inspects work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, policies and regulations, and standards.
- Provides space, tools, test equipment, and materials for functional areas as needed.
- Implements methods and procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Supports, follows, and enforces the Company’s Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety. Follow all Federal, State and Local safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures the subordinate employees’ time records reflect an accurate record of hours worked and job order numbers to which time is charged.
- Makes recommendations to the CS and Operations Manager for long-range planning.
- Ensures proper housekeeping practices are observed.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours, holidays and weekends for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- Supports, implements (where applicable), and enforces all project and corporate procedures, plans, regulations and rules.
- Interviews potential candidates for hire or promotion.
- Evaluates personnel performance.
- Resolves personnel issues
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinating and directing the work of others.
- Working from blueprints, plans, and sketches; estimate materials and time needed to complete jobs.
- Knowledge of industry standard electrical codes and regulations.
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Being onsite during normal business hours and the ability to report back within one hour after the Government’s normal working hours.
- Ensuring compliance with company safety regulations and strives to maintain an accident free environment.
- Ensuring equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with Company and customer directives.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Inspects work for quality control of work product, compliance with instructions, specifications and State requirements for low voltage department.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Effectively coordinating a number of projects simultaneously.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
- Promoting quality and customer service.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- EL01 Licensed Electrical Journeyman Electrician with 10 years’ experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ Supervisory or Lead experience leading a crew performing work of comparable scope and complexity.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Thorough knowledge of relevant safety rules and State regulations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SECRET Security clearance.
- Skill in the use of MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Valid state issued driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Previous experience working on a Government Contract or on a Government Facility.
- Direct experience with Maximo.
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance technology, such as, use of infrared testing equipment is desired.
- If prior military, must have honorable discharge on DD214