Our client is seeking a Field Application Specialist for the western half of the US. The FAS role is incredibly important to our client as the role will not only be involved in the pre-sales portion of client development but will also be responsible for aiding customers understand generated results and troubleshoot. The right candidate will be the primary customer-facing role, supporting all sales activities with a concentration on discussing scientific and technical aspects of our client's offering with potential customers. The Field Application Specialist will report directly to the Regional Sales Director team.
• Scientific and technical support for business development executives.
• Establish relationships and deepen scientific credibility with clients in target market segments.
• Participate in customer-directed seminars, technical conferences, and marketing events.
• Drive KOL relationships and connect the commercial team to key contacts in industry.
• Serve as a technical liaison to the sales organization.
• Assist in team selling actions directed by the Strategic Account Managers.
• ~ 60% field travel with most work being done in a remote capacity.
• M.S. or PhD degree in a life science oriented field required (biochemistry preferred)
• 3-5 years’ experience in a field application position or other customer-facing role.(experience with pharma or clinical research customers would be a major plus)
• Excellent communication skills and experience delivering scientific presentations and MUST be a service-minded individual.