Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has an exciting opportunity for an F404 Field Support Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for employees at Cold Lake, Alberta and Bagotville, Quebec working on F404 Engines, Components and GCUs as needed to achieve all related contract performance measures. The F404 Field Support Manager will play a key role in managing Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga’s PGS employees co-located with DND to ensure technical support services are provided in a timely fashion according to the F404 PGS contract requirements and to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Manage 2nd line production schedules for engines, components & GCUs.
- Chair weekly production meetings and attend program level meetings.
- Research PGS technical inquiries and prepare emails, letters and presentations to communicate results & solutions.
- Analyze incoming “Bottom Line Measures” & “Flight Safety” to meet program requirements for continuous airworthiness and product usage monitoring.
- Manage Maintenance Proficiency Training conducted at 1st and 2nd
- Travel 4-6 times per year to provide DND with technical support at off-site
- Maintain continuous liaison with direct reports to ensure high quality technical support is provided by the team.
- Administrative duties related to the recruitment and retention of direct
- Maintain RFI levels to attain acceptable KPI scores.
- Provide timely and technically competent information to program stakeholders.
- Provide rapid response and resolution to user requests.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure “BLM” system data is reliable and accurate.
- 4 year college degree combined with appropriate training & associated skills.
- 5-10 years related work experience
- Ability to interpret CF-18 ADF data
- Exceptional written, verbal & organizational skills
- Basic computer skills with strong skills in MS Excel & MS Access
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)