Under the direction of the Senior Manufacturing Manager, the Extrusion Manager is responsible for implementing, monitoring, and successfully achieving departmental objectives by managing, training, and developing staff, planning, and evaluating department activities, developing personal growth opportunities, and promoting a safe, clean, organized work environment at all times. The Extrusion Manager will help develop new technologies and processes by working closely with suppliers, customers, and participating internal departments.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels to meet customer demand needs and maintain an efficient and effective operation.
- Work collaboratively with others to develop new technologies and processes. Support and help develop new product and manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that all tooling, equipment, and work areas are in good working order in a safe environment. Continually improve the manufacturing process, capabilities, and technologies.
- Develop and promote continuous improvement projects within department and company.
- 'Responsible for time and attendance, completing performance/competency evaluations, competency/training logs, provide feedback, motivation, and disciplinary actions for employees in assigned department(s).
- Ensure that all employees comply with all Health, Safety and Regulatory programs. Support safety and environmental initiatives. Report and follow proper procedures for any plant accidents/near misses and complete necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside vendors/suppliers.
- Assist in maintaining IATF16949/ISO14001 certification by supporting: Corporate policies, procedures, work instructions and required documentation.
- Create an engaged workforce. Train and develop the workforce and nurture team members to create a pipeline of talent for succession and promotion purposes
- Provide "hands-on" support as needed.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained throughout department.
- Perform minor tool maintenance and/or makes arrangements to send tooling out for repair.
- Support the develop of and maintain departmental budgets.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude and open communication with personnel in other departments to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive understanding of extrusion and punch processing and generally accepted manufacturing principles
- Ability to create and/or use reporting documentation and procedures.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train staff.
- Understand the philosophy and technical aspects of lean manufacturing. Develop lean culture within the manufacturing environment and lead the departments in kaizen and lean thinking initiatives.
- Understanding of scheduling, budgeting, and goals of department and company.
- Ability to implement production schedules.
- Schedule staff as necessary to meet departmental goals.
- Understanding of PFEMAs and control plans
Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience):
- Prior supervisory experience. Strong leadership skills
- 10+ years Extrusion experience
- Technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Prior experience with ERP, MES, and Microsoft software
- Ability to work non-standard hours and weekends, as necessary.
- Ability to travel by car and air, domestically.
- Ability to push/pull/lift to 50 lbs.
- Associate degree and/or technical degree in a related field.
Click here to apply online