To ship customers' cargo to the destination without any delay and problem.
- Receive cargo orders from customers.
- Negotiate with airlines for space and rate.
- Provide customers with booking information or any other information that are being asked.
- To be familiar with the products you are handling (IE, required temperature and etc.) and know what is necessary to achieve.
- Make sure cargo comes as customers order it. Including time, quantity, and such.
- Manage time wisely. Know airlines cutoffs and plan accordingly.
- Accurately make documentation such as AWBs, Phytos and IE/TEs. Always make a conscious effort to avoid unproductive errors.
- Trace cargo even after tendering. Make sure cargo departs (and check connection flight if applicable) according to customers' request.
- Immediately report to superior and must follow up and present solutions if there is any irregularity.
- Make kartes and complete files, invoice and send out as soon as possible.
- Must make effort to always answer phone calls from customers/vendors/office.
- Need to do daily contact with US Customs, USDA and other government agencies.
- Familiarize and adhere to various regulations such as TSA, IATA, AES.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATION
- Punctual attendance. Being able to present right when and where you are needed.
- Good communication skill with customers (performance follow-up and sales), vendors (rate negotiation), and co-workers (being able to work as a team).
- Basic calculation skill - accuracy.
- Being able to follow through and excel beyond.
- Adherence to instructions given by superiors, responsiveness. Being able to report, consult and receive guidance.
- Flexibility and strong problem-solving skills. Ability to improve the situation in case things are not going in your favor.
- English and Spanish Bilingual is a big plus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Basic days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. but it all depends on the shipment’s schedule and the need to work before/after hours based on the schedule which your Supervisor made as well as weekends and holidays.