With dynamic market conditions and an assertive plan of action, our client needs a proactive, results-oriented, highly effective and hands-on Executive Vice President, Manufacturing. The ideal candidate will standardize where possible and reduce the variability within and across the company’s manufacturing footprint. S/he will also lead the installment of a comprehensive global operational improvement program, bringing with them world-class standard work and process-orientation from a best-in-class manufacturing environment.
This role will serve as the key driver for increased manufacturing productivity and capacity, delivering on an operational strategy to meet a strong market demand for the company's products. This individual will drive operational improvement, establish key metrics, and deliver on aggressive capacity improvement, including operationalizing Greenfield plants.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and sitting on the company’s Global Management Team, the Executive Vice President of Manufacturing will be responsible for leading company’s network of 9 North American manufacturing facilities in North America with over 2,000 employees.
This role is based at their North American Headquarters in Chicago, IL.
• Working closely with the CEO and leadership team to drive a comprehensive operational strategy across a North American network of sites.
• Managing plant leadership and operational leaders to create best-in-class programs and processes.
• Evaluate and establish key metrics to improve product and profitability within the plants.
• Leading the operations and manufacturing structure, staffing, budget, and processes.
• Assessing the company's current operational capability and executing on a recommended action plan.
• Strategic leadership across manufacturing to identify Greenfield expansion and operationalizing new facilities.
• Engagement with leadership to ensure alignment with supply chain, sales & marketing, general management, and other functional leaders.
• Reviewing and upgrading manufacturing policies, procedures, and standards that will drive the company to a competitive advantage.
• Collaborating with segment leadership to drive consistent operational performance across the network of sites.
• Defining goals/targets for leveraging process standardization to deliver increased annual productivity within the plants.
• Leading, motivating, and developing the functional team on an ongoing basis, and providing direct feedback, counsel, and coaching to improve company operations.
• Effectively implementing longer term succession and development plans for the next generation of leader.
• Maintaining a high-level of motivation and morale in the plants in addition to building a team-oriented work environment.
• 15-20 years leading a multi-plant organization in a best-in-class manufacturing environment. Ideally, this would be in a capital intensive, process-oriented manufacturing environment.
• Proven track record driving improving productivity and performance, continuous improvement, and best practice approaches. S/he should be well versed in methodologies such as lean and have experience implementing in different environments.
• Should have experience creating and implementing an operating system in an environment where one did not previously exist. There will be a premium placed on candidates who have played a lead role in building capabilities.
• Have the ability and desire to take on global responsibility.
• Technical degree in engineering is preferred; an advanced degree is a plus.
• Demonstrated history of recruiting, retaining, and promoting world-class operations leaders and managers, with the experience, knowledge, and tools to be a performance management leader him/herself.
• Recognized industry leadership in operational excellence; experience driving process improvement in a top-tier industrial manufacturing or process manufacturing environment.
• Driving process improvement and standard work across a geographically distributed multi-site plant network.
• Strong assessor of talent who can create and drive succession planning at the site-level.
• Change agent: experience in utilizing management analytics and financial information to drive functional and organizational change.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.