As head of the PMO, the Executive Director of Project Management will be responsible for program operational processes, gathering and acting on data, and ultimately ensuring that CEC completes projects on time, within scope, and on budget for strategic accounts.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project Management:
- Own the “Implement Phase” in the customer experience for CEC’s strategic accounts. This includes managing internal strategic interdepartmental relationships, while leading a team of project managers to be on time, per specification, and on budget.
- Set up and drive project workplans with clear milestones and Gantt charts across all project flow steps. Establish effective system-supported project management processes for a superior customer experience.
- People: Establish and lead a team of highly competent project managers with strategic account assignments across CEC’s verticals and territories.
- Communications: Establish and monitor internal operational dashboards and external communications (portal, handoffs) for strategic accounts to track key project success metrics. Ensure communication hand-offs are effective, clear and streamlined between operations, and sales & engineering.
- Leadership Team: Active member of the CEC Senior Leadership Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Executive Director of Project Management directly supervises the Project Management team members.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four year degree from an accredited university with coursework in project management, communications, business, or 5 years of pertinent project management experience.
- 2+ years experience with leading project management functions with complex cross functional responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of project management leadership.
- Experience within the technology integration industry.
- PMP certified.
- Six Sigma black belt.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently while taking initiative and ownership of department functions.
- Clear and concise communications that allow for follow-up and follow-through regarding internal team initiatives and cross-functional task updates.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.