The Lethbridge Therapeutic Riding Association (LTRA) began in 1976 to offer individuals with special needs, hands-on instruction in riding and horse care to exercise the body and spirit. Today, the program has grown to include many volunteers aiding more than 350 students each year.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for proactively promoting and communicating the vision, mission and objectives of LTRA through the effective implementation of strategic non-profit operations and initiatives.
- Develop, implement and monitor multi-year and annual operation plans and budgets.
- Engage with the organization’s staff, board members, program volunteers, donors and other partners.
- Instill organizational values and practices that support fundraising, development, grant writing, promotion and communication plans.
- Incorporate best practices in HR management to lead a capable, strong team with a positive culture.
- Manage programs according to board-adopted financial policies, budget guidelines and program goals.
- Identify risks and implement procedures to mediate and effectively control them.
- Ensure all routine and long-term maintenance is provided for the facility.
- Proven experience in leading people and managing systems to achieve fundraising goals, strategic planning and budgeting while cultivating a work culture that is high performing, developmental, innovative, creative and fun.
- Excellent written and oral communication and networking skills
- Strong problem solving, project management, executing and organizational skills
- Understanding and familiarity with Board governance.
- Equine background considered an asset
- Computer competency including Google suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- $60,000 – $70,000 Annual Salary
- Benefits Package
- Monday – Friday, 8 – 5
- A positive, supportive work environment
Hire Standard is recruiting on behalf of the LTRA.
Please apply online at hire-standard.com or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position you agree to receive email communication from Hire Standard.