Our client is seeking an Executive Assistant to join their downtown Toronto team! The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Vice President of the organization. This candidate will also serve as a liaison to the senior management teams; organizing and coordinating senior management activities between different areas of the business. The right person for this role will be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel- related meetings.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Vice President, with Board members and other executives, on matters related to the organizations activities within its region.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on internal and external issues and concerns including those of a sensitive nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the Vice President to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting documents, personal correspondence, and other tasks as identified.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures. Creation of client presentations and related materials
- Supports other senior executives as needed
- Serves as the administrative liaison to board of directors
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Analysis of issues and creation of appropriate reporting
- Manage the small HQ office in Toronto, including general office support
- Work with procurement and HQ finance to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Maintains safe and professional work environment by following organization policies, legal regulations and highest ethical behavior.
- 4+ years of administrative experience, preferably supporting an executive
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships employees, management and customers
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to work well independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Communications background considered an asset
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms