Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager & Team Lead, Event-Based Marketing, this job is accountable for creating and delivering consistently great client experiences through the assisting with planning, developing and execution of conferences and events, both internal and external, across all Lines of Business for client's company. These events are highly visible and involve clients as well as senior-level executives. The role involves preparation of registration material, registration management, onsite execution, sourcing internal and external vendors/suppliers, venue research and managing small events independently. Must represent the organization with professionalism, courtesy and integrity
What you will achieve in this role:
Event Management Support (40%)
• Provide support for large scale conferences (research, venue selection and contracting, onsite execution, compiling event materials, ordering supplies and gifts etc.
• Responsible for components of larger events (rooming lists, F&B, breakouts etc.)
• Manage and oversee smaller scale events independently (townhalls, dinners, meetings)
• Assist in creating synergies between Canada and the U.S. EBM team
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness (40%)
• Delivery of consistently great client experiences
• Execution for internal & external conferences and events in support of cross-border groups.
• Develop and manage event calendars
• Provide event tracking to assess proper event logistics & details
• Order promotional merchandise used at events.
Client and Relationship Management (10%)
• Serve a team which plans and executes over 500 events during the year.
• Interact with executives and clients as they participate in company's events and conferences
• Interact with colleagues and employees through meetings, events and conferences
• Represent company with professionalism, courtesy and integrity
Risk Management and Control (10%)
• Responsibility for ensuring standards are applied to all conferences and events
• Responsibility for quality control of conferences and events
What you will bring to this role:
• Demonstrate work experience in event management, including project management expertise
• Previous Event Coordinator
• Corporate communications background
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.