Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a European Financial Controller
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The primary responsibility is to lead the European Financial Team focused on the successful management of the Region and accountable for all the accounting operations of the company. This role will be part of the Senior Management Team for the region and report into the VP European Operations and the CFO.
The European Financial Controller prepares, develops and analyses key financial information to ensure that an organisation's management make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
This role is key to establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems, as well as provides a high quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance.
Responsibility for the analysis of the performance of the business and provide advice on how to pre-empt problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value by reducing operational, production costs, and implementing newer strategies that are more effective.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Manage; lead and co-ordinate European site based Financial Leads to ensure compliance with corporate governance and processes.
- Co-ordinate and manage the annual budget review process, follow the corporate guidelines, timing plan, work in collaboration with the site based Finance Teams, and the Senior Management Team.
- Review consolidated and divisional financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Analyse financial performance to improve medium and long-term business planning/forecasts.
- Advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions, including key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies.
- Ensure that proper management review procedures are maintained, all balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled, and all income statement items are properly analysed and tested for reasonableness.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Manage compliance with regulatory requirements, including researching and providing guidance to business on accounting and regulatory issues.
- Negotiate on major projects, loans and grants on behalf of the business.
- Manage relationship with External Auditors ensuring that efficient and effective audits are always conducted.
- Promote a culture of Risk & Control, Analysis and Reconciliation, Data Integrity, Documentation and Support for the Company’s Financial Reporting Processes.
- Identify risks affecting the effectiveness of the financial reporting of the legal entities and ensure that proper risk mitigation strategies are designed and implemented.
- Ensure strong management of all finance staff, including identifying development needs of key finance staff in European Finance Team, and ensuring that there is succession plan.
- Accounting or Business Degree
- At least 7 to 10 years in a Financial Controller role ideally in the aerospace sector or manufacturing, engineering or automotive.
- Demonstrates vast experience in leading financial strategy and leadership management team through various projects across the business leading to finance optimization and overall performance improvement of the business.
- Experience in understanding deal contracting process and the impact of deal provisions on financial reporting is desirable.
- Proven experience to analyse financial data and draw sound conclusions and proposals.
- Ability to ensure best practise are used Finance systems across Europe and compliance with Corporate requirements
- Record of accomplishment of business partnering and working closely with a Senior Management Team.
- Ability to implement agreed upon strategies across the business.
- Integrity and trust
- Objective outlook and attitude
- Analytical and logical
- Business insight
- Attention to detail
- Influential, inspiring and persuasive
- Leadership skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!